KaitoSol® is a foliar biostimulant which is 100 % natural. It is based on ActiveChitosan, a molecule made from plant and shrimp extracts. It is soluble in water and it is applied at the beginning or through out the life cycle of the crop (depends on crop) by manual or mechanical spraying. It is manufactured by a fermentation process. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or genetically modified compounds.
ActiveChitosan is the main active ingredient in KaitoSol®. It is made from plant and shrimp extracts and it has a highly optimised structure when compared to regular chitosan*. The optimised size and uniformity of the molecule creates a highly active compound. The molecule was developed at The University of Cambridge.
*Chitosan is a modified carbohydrate polymer derived from the chitin component of the shells of crustacean, such as crab, shrimp, and cuttlefish.
ActiveChitosan vs. Standard Chitosan
How KaitoSol® works
- It has high adherence properties, creating a nurturing layer,
- and it acts as a natural barrier against external agents
3. Since the molecule remains attached to the plant for an extended period, there is good absorption and small loss of active material. ActiveChitosan, as it is absorbed, enhances the strength of the plant and provides to the plant nutrients.
4. What happens:
- Increases yield
- Reduction in growth time
- Aids on preventing disease
- Enhances the strength of the plant
- Induces chitin & phytoalexin enzymes
Chemical Composition and Physical Properties
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
|Electrical Conductivity (dS/m)||50|
|Organic Carbon (g/L)||11.2|
Please refer to the General brochure or the specific page of your crop on this website. If there is not an specific application procedure for your crop, please Contact us for advice on application procedures. Always read the Technical Data Sheet (available for download from the website) and the Material Safety Data Sheet (available for download from the website) before use.